Fann Contracting, Inc – Northern Arizona’s leading heavy-civil and heavy-highway contractor has immediate openings for safe, experienced and versatile EXCAVATOR OPERATORS for Prescott, AZ and statewide pipe laying and haul truck loading operations. This position requires a minimum of 2 years’ experience with Cat 320, 330, 345, & 365 for production loading haul units, feeding a crusher, grading slopes, pipe installation, etc. The successful candidate must also be willing and able to operate other heavy equipment safely and skillfully such as dozers, loaders, backhoes, motor graders, rollers, etc. on a regular basis.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- We offer a substantial benefit package including medical, dental, vision, paid life insurance, paid sick time, 401(k), free online or in person training classes and a profit-sharing bonus program.
- Starting pay depends upon experience but will typically range between $25.60 to $31.75 per hour. Please see Qualifications & Responsibilities below for more info.
- Tax-free subsistence (TRAVEL PAY) of $63 to $73 per day may also be available if you travel outside the Prescott area for work (ask for details).
- Weekly pay with direct deposit – use your own bank or ask for a VISA DEBIT PAY CARD (or get both)!
- Free online and in person safety and technical training classes include OSHA 10-hr. First Aid/CPR, Excavation Safety, Confined Space, Lasers, Grade Checking, Defensive Driving, Eq. Operator and Equipment Safety and much more.
- Must have solid working knowledge of OSHA Excavation Standards to include initial layout of pipe trench centerline, width and depth for benching/shoring, cut slope safety parameter, grades and safe swing radius operations.
- Must be knowledgeable/trained in blue stake markings and potholing.
- Always Working safely – ability to recognize and immediately report unsafe acts/situations to your supervisor.
- Working closely with Supervisors and co-workers to ensure quality and safety.
- Daily/periodic safety walk-around inspection, care of equipment; always checking fluid levels before starting.
- Must have a strong knowledge of grades, grade stakes and grade checking.
- Ability to safety and comfortably climb up to and down from the equipment (3-points of contact).
- A through awareness and understanding of equipment/machine capabilities.
- Teaching others and working as a laborer when necessary.
- Working as a team player with an excellent attitude.
- Must understand basic math for cut and fill measurements on grade stakes.
- Conduct occasional routine preventive maintenance.
- Log and record readings for trenching, equipment and procedures.
- Must be ethical in all job duties.
- Applicants must have reliable transportation.
- Complete our Employment Application at fanncontracting.com.
- Statewide travel is often required and subsistence (travel pay) is included for certain jobs.
How to apply:
Please submit application online at fanncontracting.com or in person at our HR Department – 6725 Generation Lane, Prescott, AZ 86301.
Office phone: 928-778-0170
All positions at Fann Contracting are considered safety sensitive which generally means that these positions involve some aspect of a heightened danger requiring an employee’s full and unimpaired skills and judgment to safely execute his or her job.
NOTE: All job description statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job title. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. You are required to be aware of company safety policies and use the proper personal protective equipment for all specific duties performed and/or encountered and are expected to ask if you are unsure or need more training.
Fann Contracting is drug free/EOE. Some positions may be non-smoking. We are an E-Verify Compliant company. All positions are to be considered SAFETY SENSITIVE according to Federal Regulations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.
In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job related disability, or any other protected group status.
If you want to view the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic – Chinese
English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English